So at the beginning of the year I made a post (New Year, Old Year) about my goals and resolutions for the 2017 year and I just wanted to give a quick update on some of those.
- Goal: Read the entire Bible this year.
- Update: So far I have read almost everyday. I have read through Genesis, Job, and Matthew and I am currently reading through Exodus and Mark. I am about 3 days behind but I am persevering and not giving up!
- Goal: Do things that scare me
- Update: I got the summer job in Minnesota and it terrifies me to move away for 14 weeks, to a state I am unfamiliar with, and not knowing anybody. I actually bought my plane tickets this week so I am in this! I also plan on, when the weather clears up, to conquer my biggest fear: motorcycles. I know, I know, most people its spiders, or snakes, or death, but for me it is motorcycles.
- Goal: Read more
- Update: Okay this one is not going well. Besides reading my class books and the Bible I have started (but not finished) one book on my read list.
- Goal: Blog More
- Update: Well I am not doing the best at this but I am doing better at it. That counts right?
- Goal: Be healthier
- Update: I have been eating healthier. I have yet to workout… oops… but I have made some health changes. I am making sure to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, and instead of eating out for lunch constantly or buying frozen TV dinners, I have been making my lunches for the week on Sundays. So my eating habits are getting healthier now I just need to take the plunge to work out
- Goal: Write more
- Update: I have wrote nothing. Unless I count these blog posts, lab reports, and research essays.
- Goal: Be a better listener, friend, and daugher
- Update: Actually this is going decently. I am working on saying “Me, My, I” less and turning the conversation to focus on the other person. I am doing more for my mom, I am working on repairing my relationship with my step-dad. So this is actually going really good.
- Goal: Learn to crochet
- Update: I have not touched any of my crochet stuff. I used my yarn for a different project though so at least it is still being put to use.
- Goal: Finish unfinished projects
- Update: I really need to set up my senior year photo album.. which I should have done 3 years ago. I just need to go through thousands of pictures and get some printed. I also have a lot of EMPTY picture frames I need to put photos in. Maybe I will do that during spring break.
- Goal: Start learning another language
- Update: I have made no progress here. What’s the best way to learn a language?
- Goal: Join a discipleship group or Bible Study
- Update: I have gone to a Bible Study this year. I went once last week and was not able to make it this week. But I am actively working to surround myself with people that share the same values and beliefs with me.
So overall, I feel like I am doing pretty good. Consider I work 40-45 hours a week, and I go to classes 3 out of 7 days a week, along with my online classes, I am making some good progress. It is only February so I am pretty happy with where I am at on my goals. I am only home Wednesday Nights, some Saturdays, and Sunday afternoons. So not too shabby!
But I do plan on keeping yall updated, and it helps me stay accountable and keep track with my progress! Don’t give up on your goals!