As you probably have gathered, my name is Shauna. I would like to take time to introduce myself. I am twenty one and I am a college student – SENIOR YEAR – at my local university. I am majoring in Communication and minoring in Marketing. I have always dreamed of majoring in something that allows me to make a positive difference in a person (or people’s) lives. I love to help and what better way to do that than to teach? Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
I am very family oriented so I will talk about my family multiple times, I lost my dad about a month ago and I will share my journey through his loss, but this is happy time. I love to read and write, watch movies and TV shows, bake, cook, crochet, photography/videography, and travel which will be what I mostly write about. I do believe in God, and I am very committed to my faith-I will definitely talk about my faith and my relationship with God. My faith is the biggest impact on my life and it carries me through each moment, good and bad.
I am starting a lot of new things in my life at this moment: I am on my third day of working out (I can hardly walk), I am starting to cook healthier foods for my family, I am taking a shot at baking three or more layer cakes with fondant and decorations, I am learning how to “be alone,” and I am learning how to be a happier me. Not to mention I have taken on the daunting task of participating in camp NaNoWriMo this April. If you are familiar with that then you are good to go, if you are not familiar with that I will explain more when it gets closer to that time. I am excited to share my journey with all of you and on this website.
If you are wondering, here are some of my favorites:
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Author: Rick Riordan (I am in love with the Percy Jackson series, they are my favorite, but I also love his other series)
- Favorite Book: It is currently When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- Favorite Food: Potatoes and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Favorite Musicians: Carrie Underwood, Pentatonix, The Script, and Mercy Me.
- Favorite Recipe: Well for my goodies that is currently my M&M cookies, I make about 100 at a time and give to various friends but they do not last long.
- Favorite place to be: I love the outdoors – hiking, fishing, boat riding, anything. I love to be on a boat out on a lake.
I will talk about pretty much anything and everything, and if you ever want to me discuss anything on my blog, just comment on a previous post and I will be excited to take on the task! Sometimes I will post more than once a day, sometimes I will go a couple of days without posting. Some of my posts will be long (like this one) and some will be very short and sweet. I am typically a wordy person though so expect my posts to be a tad bit longer.
I am really excited to start this blog and I am looking forward to where it takes me!